On food, style, home and travel, a blog by a hedonist, for hedonists.
When I come across a thing that makes me smile, brings beauty or gives comfort - c'est ça!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Le Weekend

I have been awol the past few days in preparation of and in the enjoyment of the most delicious weekend.  Friday I organized a special evening at home to celebrate the completion of a major work project.  It involved flower arrangements and hand-written menus, favorite foods and chilled cava and strawberries.  Needless to say, the evening passed most deliciously and it was very difficult to rise at 5am the following morning.  However, that is exactly what we did because we were due for a full day in New York City and had to make the early train.

Saturday in New York was exhausting but thoroughly enjoyable.  It merits its own post, which I will prepare for tomorrow.  In the meantime, I will share with you a moment from our much more relaxed Sunday.  We rose quite late (alright, one of us later than the other, what can I say, I have the gift of sleep?) and drove out to buy cheese from our local organic dairy.  After hob-nobbing with the goats, we continued our lazy Sunday drive and hit a couple roadside stands and organic farms.  'Tis the season here in New Jersey, and summer tomatoes are in their prime.  We lunched on the tomatoes, still sun-warmed, with just a hint of good olive oil, salt and pepper, and crusty baguette.

Here is a view from one of the farms where we stopped.  Hope your weekend was delightful as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment